Finding relevant Limited Partner (LP) relations is as difficult as looking for a needle in a haystack. It is time consuming, frustrating and difficult to know the exact mandates, taste and screening aspects of the relevant LP’s. c*funds has heavily invested in understanding and updating the actual mandates of more than 350 global PE LP’s from our base. Therefore, we can accelerate the process of opening up meaningful conversations for GP’s.
primary funds fundraising
The below chart demonstrates where c*funds has built the most LP relations (more than 350) in Benelux, Nordics, DACH and UK.
If you are currently fundraising (€100M – €1B fund size) we can help you to significantly improve your fund offering (pre-marketing materials, data-room) as well as exposing your offer to the relevant LP community. We help you to get the necessary paperwork done and build the needed new LP relations (by video call, PE events, and roadshows).
All our GP-LP matchmaking is fully customized (to geography and sector) and supported by a deep LP base knowledge. Our LP sweet spot is in Benelux, North EU, DACH with an emerging base in the US and SE Asia.
- get you ready with the fund pre-marketing materials (USP’s, pitch deck, teaser)
- make sure that your fund marketing is compliant to the level that it will appeal to many LP’s
- benchmark your competitor funds to get access to their LP’s
- give access to an exclusive/relevant LP network in your investment area
- set up LP meetings for you and represent you in PE events
- support you with LP conversations
- support you with term sheets and realizing the fund’s closing
- +10 years of PE experience enriched with strong deal-maker skills
- Fast and professional preparation of top quality fund documentation (both content and design).
- We help produce the following fund documentation: teaser, pitch deck
- We also provide practice-based Data Room Advisory
- We help with the term sheet (commercial terms of your fund) and LP incentives
- More than €7 B mandates for LP private closings in our pipeline
Independent, boutique approach
We work very closely with our clients (GP’s), often acting as their Investor Relations Manager for the upcoming closing. We spend time with our GP’s to understand their track record, personal achievements, portfolio management skills, exits, multiples etc. so that we can market the investment offer properly. We help GP’s to reach the private equity market standard with their fund offer in terms of tools, phrasing and brand visibility. Often new managers need help with identifying their USP’s and structuring LP incentives.
We help you to stand out from the (GP) crowd.
We have a number of different fundraising packages for our clients:
High-Intensity Package | Duration 4 months:
- For managers that have already had their first close
- Pre-marketing is already of a high-quality
- We introduce you to our “warm LP” relations who are complementary to your existing base
- We assist with making relevant LP meetings and supporting the DD process
- On-demand assistance with managing PE event participations/LP meetings
Full-Service Active Marketing Campaign | Duration 6 Months:
- This package is suitable for fund managers that are in an early stage of their fund marketing
- Pre-marketing and data-room advisory services (including pre-marketing graphic design uplift)
- LP campaign management
- PE event management on-demand
- We assist with relevant LP meetings, DD, terms and closing the deal
- This collaboration has 2 stages: 4 months of active campaign management including strong pre-marketing advisory and the last 2 months are follow-up activities related to the ongoing conversations.
After the collaboration period, we often issue an only success fee-based 1-year collaboration to follow up all the leads and to support your final closing.
Our terms are always a combination of a one-time campaign set up fee and a success fee. We conduct Operational and legal Due Diligence on all potential GP’s.
We also have an introductory package of advisory services which provides industry best practice and guidance on how to correctly set up your fund marketing materials.