It’s always important to know not what to do. Let’s kick off with our top 5 things not do to as a General Partner.
- Not having a website presence. Its surprising how many LPs use this as an aspect of their DD screenings, make sure you are online!
- Not having a 30min, 60min pitch ready to go. It is important to have a timed version of your pitch that covers all key topics, making sure you don’t run out.
- Not having track record organized into a line by line format. Track record is a key focus for LP’s, and having your track record listed by investment is something they typically look for.
- Not having specific numbers to back up your thesis. Mention the specific amount deployed when you talk about your multiples. Focus on facts and be specific.
- Not know who your competitors are and what differentiates you. You need to be able to articulate who the other players are in the market and why you are best placed to meet the market opportunity.